VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys

i got my jetta on the launch week .. and I have some questions on the sound system.

It doesnt show me the call display on the screen anywhere. I have an iphone 4 and if i have it plugged in to charge or listen to music.. its very annoying to keep opening the dash to see who is calling me.

Do you have any suggestions or tricks up your sleeves to resolve this? I just want to see who is calling me. Thats it

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Welcome, thanks for signing up!

I posted on the vortex that the premium 8 will not show phone information. However, I forgot to mention that the European unit will show phone information. Their radio stations are spaced a little different and the sat radio is different. The European RCD510 is made by Blaupunkt, the US one, and probably all of North America, is made by Delphi.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
can it be switched?
If you mean can you replace the NA headunit with the Euro headunit? Sure, plug-play. If you mean can a setting be changed to make the NA headunit think it's a Euro headunit? No because they have a few different features like the radio station spacing and are even made by different companies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts