VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2011 VW Golf TDI: EGR and ESR Monitors do not clear.
Engine codes were reset after fuel temperature sensor issue resolved.
However EGR and EGS monitors do not clear.
Ross-Tech scanners show no exhaust gas problems.
Tried various drive cycle procedures.
Traveled more than 1400 miles.
Is there as specific drive cycle procedure for the CJAA engine?
Is there some issue because of dieselgate reset of computer or replacement of exhaust gas parts?
All suggestions welcome.

· Registered
6 Posts
Hi Dan, I am new here and don't have a lot of knowledge other than what I have educated myself on through these forums. I have a 2011 Jetta TDI and ever since the "fix" I have had consistent EGR and DPF issues. From what I have read everything from soot build up to not using the right oil (and not changing the oil often enough) to sensors to air intake, etc can cause issues with the EGR and DPF. Sounds like you may be more knowledgeable about these engines than me, though. I did talk to a service manager for a local VW dealership who told me a long story about how the scandal came about. The short story is that the engines had a lot of issues when they were rolling them out so they did the emissions trick to make them viable cars until they got busted which stinks for us.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dugjones:

Thanks for your message.
Two different experienced mechanics can see on their scanners that the exhaust gas sensor readout is OK.
And yet the inspection monitor EGS and EGR codes never clear.

I am now wondering if the problem is with the car computer.
And if so, how to fix it.
Maybe because of the VW diesel 'fix' some sort of programming bug is causing the problem.

I am wondering if you purchased the 2011 Jetta TDI new, or used.
And I am wondering if you ever had an EGS or EGR monitor problem at the time of vehicle inspection.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts