VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Overall the bluetooth phone functionality is very nicely integrated, but there are some shortcoming. The following questions are for a 2011 JSW with an RCD-510 stereo:
VOICE MAIL
a) How do you get the voicemail feature in the MFID to dial special characters? To get into Verizon voicemail you dial "*" 86, but there is no option for the "*" in the programming menus.

b) How do you get the voicemail feature to input the passcode after connecting to your voicemail box? That is assuming that the "*" feature in question "a" has been resolved.

VOICE COMMANDS
a) Does anyone know what 'voice commands' are available? Looking at the bluetooth phone manual it just says to hit the bluetooth button and say "help." However, the help provided is not tutorial in nature.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Setting up the voice mail to 'dial itself' worked. That just leaves the voice mail pass code to get past. I will see if I can program a pause into the dialing sequence to allow the voice mail to pick up the line before it dials the pass code.

·
Registered
19 Posts
For what it's worth, a "pause" is often signified with a comma. That's how it worked for computer modems (remember those?!?). If you have a comma character available to you, it almost certainly indicates a pause. Usually, one comma is a one-second pause. If you want a three-second pause, you'd use three commas in a row.

Anyone else out there read 2600 magazine back in the day?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Set Phone to Auto-Connect

Make sure that the profile for your car connection, inside your phone, is set to auto-connect when in range. Each phone goes about this differently, but you have to the phone you want it to automatically make the connection with the car when it sees the car's bluetooth signal.

That is assuming you have already successfully paired the phone with your car.

You may run into problems if your phone is set to auto-connect with another bluetooth signal that is also present when you are near your car. You will then have to set the ranking of your bluetooth to decide what to connect to first. I have this problem between my headset and the laptop I travel with, sometimes the laptop will connect to the phone first and when a call comes thru my phone, my laptop answers not my headset.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Anybody have a problem with announcement volume?

I have iPhone 3 and either phone volume is low or announce too high. Can't use voice command. Very annoying.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anybody have a problem with announcement volume?

I have iPhone 3 and either phone volume is low or announce too high. Can't use voice command. Very annoying.
I have a problem as well with my blackberry. The functionality works well overall, but I find I have the volume all the way up when I am talking on the phone and often still can't hear the other person. If the volkswagen lady comes on for voice prompts or if I'm listening to voicemail, as an example, the prompts are loud as can be but the messages from people are quiet.

Any ideas on setting this up better?

Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts