VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JUst purchased my first Volkswagen since the had 40 HP and the engine in the back. Was told it had MFD but all I get is a trip computer (useless) I wanted to move the Nav to the small screen (not). No gauges at all speedo, tach and fuel no temp no oil pressure no egt Whats up? Any help greatly appreciated. Newbie to tdi stuff.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Yes, that is how the instrument cluster is. I haven't seen oil pressure gauges on basic VW in a while. The Canadian ones aren't like that either. My best guess is that the instrument cluster from the 2012 Jetta GLI will be a direct replacement (nav in screen, full size screen) but you'll have to have the dealer program the immobilizer and change the mileage on the new cluster. The Golf/JSW cluster may be slightly different because of the wiring but I don't know since I am not aware of anyone who has done the swap yet.

·
Registered
89 Posts
JUst purchased my first Volkswagen since the had 40 HP and the engine in the back. Was told it had MFD but all I get is a trip computer (useless) I wanted to move the Nav to the small screen (not). No gauges at all speedo, tach and fuel no temp no oil pressure no egt Whats up? Any help greatly appreciated. Newbie to tdi stuff.
Tell the dealer to take the car back if they lied about the features.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

Thanks for the help. I guess I'm stuck with the car try to prove they lied or did not know. But I'm checking New South Performance . Thanks Again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts