VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally found a Jetta TDI/DSG LE no sunroof. I will be picking it up on the 30th. I've already ordered 1 gallon of XPD as I am unsure of the quality of the diesel here in eastern Nebraska. I belive the only bio-diesel around is B20 which is a higher percentage than VW recommends for the 2011 TDI.
My current daily driver is a 1996 Dodge Cummins std cab 4wd auto trans, I make quite a few trips where I really don't need to have a truck so I am hoping to dramactically lower my fuel costs with the Jetta TDI.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will I have taken a test drive in the 2011 Jetta DSG TDI and was impressedwith the performance. Once I start using it for my daily driver I will keep you all posted. I am wondering about the fuel pump problems with not knowing the quality of the local diesel here. Hopefully using the Opti-Lube XPD to raise the lubrication level of the local diesel fuel will prevent any problems.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought a Jetta TDI LE a week ago... so far so good!!! I filled up last night for the first time, and was a little disappionted with the initial mielage. But the dealer and my research tells me that this will improve as the engine breaks in.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am anxious to pick up my TDI LE on the 30th and start the break in procedure. I don't expect to get any more than the EPA mileage ratings while I'm following the break in steps. My 1996 Dodge Cummins 4X4 auto trans has 223,000 miles and I plan to pass that with my TDI. Hopefully I won't have any of the problems with the fuel pump or DSG that some seem to have had.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts