VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all:

Will be picking up my 2011 Sportwagen on Monday. I've found several posts concerning breaking in a new motor?? seems there are quite a few methods. What I've gotten out of most is to vary the power
settings as much as possible and not to do extended long distances at the same speed. In less than 2 months I will be driving approx 2000 miles/ I hope to have about 1500 + miles before the trip. any suggesting on breaking the jetta in. Also the wagon is equiped with GPS. (I think the new model). I asked the dealer if the unit has a backup camera ( every other auto with gps seems to have it built in)
and he told me the only way to get it was to have a after market rear view mirror installed with a camera and homelink system. I really dont want someone ripping apart the car to install wires +. A post
on a different forum states you can have a camera installed to work with the built in gps (even the new gps style) I would appreciate any info on this fix. thanks very much. I hope I placed this post in the right forum. Its my first post. Thanks again

Tom:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the quick reply. not sure if this would work because my SW has the new rns 315 gps-radio. the post states will only work with the rns 510 gps unit. somewhere I saw a post talking about the new rns 315 unit and they said it was possible ?? will look for the post>
Can't wait to pick up the new SW today.
thanks again

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi all:

Will be picking up my 2011 Sportwagen on Monday. I've found several posts concerning breaking in a new motor?? seems there are quite a few methods. What I've gotten out of most is to vary the power
settings as much as possible and not to do extended long distances at the same speed. In less than 2 months I will be driving approx 2000 miles/ I hope to have about 1500 + miles before the trip. any suggesting on breaking the jetta in:
Shifting between 6th & 5th every few miles will vary the rpms on a long drive

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
thanks for the quick reply. not sure if this would work because my SW has the new rns 315 gps-radio. the post states will only work with the rns 510 gps unit. somewhere I saw a post talking about the new rns 315 unit and they said it was possible ?? will look for the post>
Can't wait to pick up the new SW today.
thanks again
The 315 has a similar pin-out. Here's the FAQ on the 315 showing the back. I don't know if the pins are the same and if is compatible but if you want to do a writeup or testing you're welcome to :D

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/a6/rns315-GPS-FAQ-VW.htm

If not you could sell the RNS 315 (prices for units preloaded with US maps are around $750-900 depending on how long you want to wait for the right buyer) and get the RNS 510. Or go aftermarket.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts