VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my Jetta I am having a problem with the hood not latching when I dropped the hood down. I watch some you tube video's on how to remove the latch assembly. So today I tough I would attack this issue. Well I was able to remove the latch assembly from the car and fix the issue on why the latch was not rotating freely inside the asm. I ended up cleaning the inside mech with break clean and applying allot of WD40 . And finally I was able to break free the locking latch so now it rotates freely.
But during the process of removing the latch asm from the car the 2 wires that plug into the switch on the latch asm pulled out of the switch. Now my issue is that the open hood symbol on the dash will not turn off when the hood is closed and latched mechanically. I tried shorting out the 2 wires (connecting both wires together) that originally went to switch so as to try to fool the dash light. And that didn't work. So than I disconnected the wires at the plug and shorted the 2 pins in the plug and that didn't work either. Effectively doing the same thing twice.

So now my question is there a way to fool the dash light using the VCDS software by telling the light not to turn on?
I haven't used the VCDS software a lot and I was hoping for some advice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I fixed it. As it turns out I removed the jumper wire at the plug and now the light is off on the dash. apparently when the hood is opened the switch is grounded instead of the other way around like you would think of most wiring.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts