VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI Folks,

New to the forum. I am coming from the volvo family and looking to replace our 2006 S60 AWD. Thinking to get the Golf wagon TDI (loaded including auto).

Is there any resources here I can read up on? Any specific links?

Any good/bad on the car? if people can provide the top 5 good and 5 bad on the car, i would appriciate it. How are the maintenance on the car? with the diesel - any watch outs i should be concern about?

Also any thing different in the 2012 model? where are the wagons built? mexico? any concerns about reliability?

Located in canada, so not sure if the US have Golf Wagon TDI.

Appriciate it in advance.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
All the wagons are built in Mexico, even the ones that go to Europe. The TDI engines themselves are built in Europe from components from all over.

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/a6/2011-VW-sportwagen-TDI-buying-guide.htm Here's the buying guide for the 2009-2011 sportwagens. Once firm info comes out on the 2012 I'll update the article.

As far as I know, the only changed feature is the addition of HD radio to the standard radio.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
There's a lot of stuff in the buying guide but here are some things I've noticed (I have driven the car but don't own one, I own a similar Jetta):

Good: unbeatable combination of power, fuel economy, and cargo room
very good steering wheel-instrument cluster menu-bluetooth-radio integration
safety features and crash ratings
Still keeps the independent rear suspension and other features that are starting to go away

Bad: some reliability issues, this is VW after all!
no high end options like HID headlights or dual zone climate control, you get optional leather in Canada (not US)

Oddly enough, I just looked at VW.ca's website and it shows a golf wagon with HID headlights. This is a mistake.

Maybe someone who owns one will chime in.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought a 2011 jjetta sport wagen TDI 2 weeks ago and have only put 600 miles on it so far but I can say that I love this car. I have owned mercedes, nissan, honda, cadillac, mazda, etc.. I like driving this one better than any of them. The horse power / torque will surprise you.
This car has great handling and I like the styling inside and out and one of the reasons I chose it was the fuel mileage too. I didn't get the navigation as you are better off w/ a garmin, etc w/ live traffic updates for 1/3 of the price of the VW one. Deifnately get the roof and 17" wheel package, they make the car. Consumer Reports and Edmunds and many others give it excellent reviews too. Good luck w/ your car shopping.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts