VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member says hello to all - I recently purchased a 2011 Golf TDi and the interior lights are staying on when they are set to only go on with the door open. The floor lights are staying on all the time, even when I've turned the interior light switch to the off positon - Has anybody heard of this problem before or is it symptomatic of other problems?

·
Super Moderator
9,560 Posts
Welcome to the forum. welcometomyturbodies

No I've never heard of that problem.

When I picked mine up it was evening and it was dark. I opened to door and no interior light, I flicked the switch and the light came on. I shut the door and it stayed on, I flicked it again and I closed the door and the light went off.

I think the floor lights are always on but you only notice those at night which is a bit of a waste of light.

If you're worried about it take a trip to the dealers?

·
Registered
482 Posts
Can you change this option in the convenience menu? Maybe something got changed? Otherwise tell the dealer to say sorry and fix it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello all, was just wondering if DieselDriver managed to resolve the interior/footwell light problem as I'm having the same issue with my 2011 Golf TDi? Or if anyone has any ideas on how I can resolve the issue? Or do I just need to speak to the Dealer? Thank you!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
I had this problem when I first got my car. It turns out that my trunk wasn't fully closed. :bangshead

·
Registered
308 Posts
yes, a few times it happened to me and I was pulling my hair out and then realized the hatch was ajar. If you're sure that all doors are closed, you'll unfortunately need to take it in.

·
Super Moderator
9,560 Posts
Didn't you notice the hatch open warning on the MFD?

·
Registered
308 Posts
nope...totally ignored it...lol

i hadn't had the car for long and when the hatch shows up on there its not as noticeable as when there is a door open, so I thought it always showed the diagram of the car when you started it...lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
if you are talking about the lighting on the floor under the dash? You can turn them off using the computer functions.

My Golf was the same way when I got it a few months back, I was able to turn them turned off, then after I took it in for service they where back on. I found out that the service department reset everything back to factory settings and I had to go into the computer setting and set it back the way I wanted it. Your owners manual will guide you through it, it is fairly simple.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts