VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After much, much researching, thinking, and searching, I just took delivery of a new 2011 VW Golf TDI DSG 4 door in Candy White. I purchased it in Tampa, FL, and drove it home to St. Augustine. I think I got a decent deal on the car and think its going to make my 76 mile round trip commute on I-95 in FL a breeze!
I appreciate all the input to those who responded to my post about highway mpg and look forward to more participation on the forum. Thanks, John

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Nice...:needpics:

Does it have TPMS sensors in the wheels? If the valve stems on the tire are stiff there are sensors, if they're rubber and flexible there are no sensors. I'm trying to find out when they switched from the sensors style to the estimated style. There should be a sticker in the door jamb with the build location and date. When was your car built and does it have the sensors?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will post some pix later this weekend once I get it detailed. It got lots of bugs on the front last night on the drive howe.
That is interesting about the sensors. I noticed the difference upon checking the tire pressure last night. They are rubber. The car ws built in Wolfsburg, Germany, June 2010. There is a sticker in the door jamb area referenceing the TPMS. John

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Thanks. From what I can guess, all 2011 models Golf should have the rubber valve stems and ABS sensor based TPMS. As shown in this article, http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/a6/tpms-flashing-light-vw.htm, the simpler system isn't as accurate but the sensors system is having some setting problems in Golf and the sensors need replacement after 5-8 years due to the sealed battery. It's legal to drive with dead batteries and bad sensors once the car leaves the dealer lot but I wouldn't. Your system is reset by pressing the reset button and you don't need another set of sensors for winter tires and such.

·
Super Moderator
9,224 Posts
The car ws built in Wolfsburg, Germany, June 2010.
Congrats of the motor John. I presume you have the 2.0 because I don't think the 1.6 is available in the States. You could put your spec in your signature if you wanted too?

If the build date is June 2010 how can it be a 2011 model? I've said this before on other forums it appears its just another con trick by VW. ;)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Congrats of the motor John. I presume you have the 2.0 because I don't think the 1.6 is available in the States. You could put your spec in your signature if you wanted too?

If the build date is June 2010 how can it be a 2011 model? I've said this before on other forums it appears its just another con trick by VW. ;)
Lol:) Time machines.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts