VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I've been loving my 2011 Golf TDI (6MT) since I picked it up on Memorial Day weekend. I did my normal commute on Friday (7/8) with no issues. Around 7:00PM went to pick up a pizza and the car wouldn't start. The engine cranked over (very quickly) and then the "glow plug" lamp started flashing.

I called the VW Roadside Assistance (even though the car was in my garage). The lady was very nice and arranged for a falt bed to haul me and the car to the VW dealer on Saturday morning. Just to check I tried starting the car again on Saturday. Same thing very fast crank but it wouldn't start with the glow plug lamp flashing. I crossed my fingers and hoped for something simple.

I just called the dealer and they said on Saturday afternoon they went to move the car into the service bay and it started. The service tech went through the fault codes this morning and determined that the "throttle valve" was defective and needed to be replaced. They said there is some aspect of the valve that closes to prevent diesel run on, and that was stuck. They ordered the needed repair parts and expect the car to be ready on Wednesday.

Does this sound consistent with anyone else’s experience?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just wanted to give an update. I picked up the car yesterday and all seems well. The service tech said the voltage at a couple of the pins on the throttle body were out of spec. They replaced the throttle body and so far so good. Thank you for the feedback.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts