VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Audi A1 1.6 TDI 77kw CAYC
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have A 2011 Audi A1 1.6 tdi 90k miles with low oil pressure warnings flasing up regularly when it warms up. It's only measuring 10 psi at cold tick over and it doesn't increase with revs. New oil and filter didn't change anything so sump off and found no clogging in the oil pickup mesh. Nothing obvious wrong with the pump and no metal debris found. Big end bearings no play. Is there a pressure regulator in the system that could be operating too low? If so where is this located. Is there a pressure relief valve in the pump that could be passing oil at low pressure? I can't seem to find any info on how the oil pressure is regulated if indeed it is.

·
Premium Member
9,741 Posts
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

This is a new forum layout which is owned by a company last year that doesn't give a dam with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or original similes which they refuse to install. It doesn't show the car spec/location.

Add your car specs to your signature that will show on every post you make.

Car spec now shows not for all members.

Release Notes

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a poll which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th December, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum.

I don't have the oil pressure spec for 2011 Audi A1 to hand.

How long is a piece of string?

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are no error codes Keith. The oil pressure should be 30 to 50 psi not 10 psi that I am measuring. The pressure switch operates at 8 psi and is in spec and I've measured this on the bench. It's no surprise I'm getting oil pressure warnings as the pressure is hovering around the low pressure switch setting. Hence I am looking to see if there is a pressure regulator in the high pressure side that could be at fault. I've bought a used oil pump on eBay as a means of eliminating that from the equation so if I get the same low pressure measured values when that arrives and bolted in then I'll know it's not that.
Sorry if I placed this tread in the wrong place.
Cheers
John

·
Premium Member
9,741 Posts
I done have AD installed at the moment.

What is the engine codes of the data sticker?

Data Sticker/Options Sticker and Engine Codes

I'm guessing its:

Manufacturer: Audi, Date(s) Used: 05/2010-04/2015, Model: Audi A1, Engine Code: CAYC, 77Kw, 105PS, 1.6 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Direct Injection Common Rail (TDI-CR) 16v Timing belt
Manufacturer: Audi, Date(s) Used: 03/2011-04/2015, Model: Audi A1, Engine Code: CAYB, 66Kw, 90PS, 1.6 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Direct Injection Common Rail (TDI-CR) Timing belt

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Keith, it's the former. Ie. 77kw CAYC MUM LZ9Y /79Y /YM

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you know if the 2011 A1 77kw CAYC engine has the Control Valve 04L906455B fitted. It's listed as a possible problem area. I think it's for VVT engines but not sure if this is relevant in my case.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have A 2011 Audi A1 1.6 tdi 90k miles with low oil pressure warnings flasing up regularly when it warms up. It's only measuring 10 psi at cold tick over and it doesn't increase with revs. New oil and filter didn't change anything so sump off and found no clogging in the oil pickup mesh. Nothing obvious wrong with the pump and no metal debris found. Big end bearings no play. Is there a pressure regulator in the system that could be operating too low? If so where is this located. Is there a pressure relief valve in the pump that could be passing oil at low pressure? I can't seem to find any info on how the oil pressure is regulated if indeed it is.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts