VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Wow, that was faster than I thought. I will update the FAQ. If they put 2 on ebay that's probably all they have for a while. Allocations will be low early on and many of those (or those at reasonable pricing) will be presold.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
The regular Golf are trickling in, the TDI shouldn't be far behind.

In other news, early industry reports say that the 2011 sportwagen and later will be Golf wagons. In other words, the Jetta sportwagen might still be called Jetta sportwagen in the US but it will really be a Golf wagon for at least a few more years. Part of the evidence is the name change in Canada, where it's now called the Golf wagon, and the facelift which will stay with the car for a few years. It's unlikely that the wagon will get the new bumper for only 1 year and that VW will make 2 bumpers that look the same but go on two different bodies (wagon and sedan).

The Jetta should go to an all new body for model year 2011 which will look different from the Sportwagen. The wagon and sedan will no longer look the same.
It might be called just "Sportwagen" but it's more likely that it'll stay on the Jetta's more popular name. It'll look different so that's the only reason why they might go with Sportwagen. Even if they do totally change the wagon to use the new Jetta body, it'll be at least 1 more year for it to come out, 2012 at the earliest. That gives a minimum of 2 more model years (maybe 3 calendar years) that the wagon will continue to look like it does now.

And the 2009 didn't look like it did for that one year, it was sold for years like that, it's just that it wasn't available in the US/Canada.

·
Registered
108 Posts
That makes more sense than changing the style after 1 year. Even still, North America is a big market and that could justify a change. They're making a US specific car to replace the Passat/add to/be the new Passat so that should tell you something.

·
Registered
62 Posts
LOL, did anyone see this part: "Due to a 651% increase in NON-PAYING bidders: If you have a "0 to 5" feedback score we may contact you prior to auction end if you do not respond or have correct contact info on file with eBay. " That's a pretty specific number, I guess if you don't like the final auction price don't pay.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Of course, what did you expect? It costs money to sell on ebay and it sends the honest bidders elsewhere. Ever since ebay changed feedback so that only buyers could leave negative feedback, they lost me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The dealer I just bought my TDI sedan from said they had seven wagons comming in, six were spoken for. They all had panoramic roofs and they could not give me a price.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I wonder

The dealer I just bought my TDI sedan from said they had seven wagons comming in, six were spoken for. They all had panoramic roofs and they could not give me a price.
I wonder if any made it to the dealers. I heard one salesman say that they sold one yesterday (Thu Sept 3). Not sure if that's true.

Also, I am curious as to the number of wagons being made... I wonder if they are trying to satisfy demand or not.

Obviously I am in the market for one. :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm glad I ordered my 2010 JSW TDI last month...

I figured waiting for a 2010 model would be worthwhile since in the wake of "Cash or Clunkers" dealers were getting MSRP (or more) for the few remaining '09s. By ordering I was able to get what I wanted (and omit what I didn't want) at MSRP rather than take one of the loaded launch cars and risk a "market adjustment" above MSRP. So I ordered mine with the 6 spd manual and no moonroof or nav. OK, I splurged for the 17" tires and Porto wheels and ipod prep. Not too much else to choose from. Would have liked the driving lights and more color choices found on the euro models but if it keeps the price down, I (and my wife) won't complain.

The lastest update says the build date has moved up to Oct 5th and delivery should be in early November...can't wait!

Stacey

1 - 13 of 13 Posts