VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys and Gals:

I am going on 20K and my wiper blades are still going strong. However, if and when i change them there is very little online as to what is the closest to VW OEM blades. I priced them at the dealer and the fronts are $20.00 a piece and back the same. I read that the Bosch Icons were the same as VW OEM. Napa has them for $23 driver and $18 passenger so I might as well get the VW. Pep boys has some for like $14 a piece that they claim will work. I have been really impressed how well the VW OEM's work so should I stay with them? I am told by VW that the refills do not exist and that I need the whole unit.

I would like to hear your experiences as to what you have used and why and results.

thanks!

mar

·
Super Moderator
9,403 Posts
Well its probably not so much about mileage as time and usage. Before you decide to change the blades clean them with methylated spirits or Denatured alcohol in the States. as talked about in here

·
Registered
26 Posts
We got some similar to this style from Costco last year (prior to the TDI) from "Goodyear" (I think) and they were much cheaper (under $10 each) so you may want to check that source out if they fit the VW connector on the wiper arm.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Well its probably not so much about mileage as time and usage. Before you decide to change the blades clean them with methylated spirits or Denatured alcohol in the States. as talked about in here
I second Keith's recommendation. It's amazing what a little swipe of an alcohol pad will do to revive the blades.

·
Super Moderator
9,403 Posts
offtopic2

When I was having mine serviced a couple of months ago I was browsing around the car park at other models. I noticed that the new VW Tiguan had lime green wiper blades. I know everyone is going green today but thats a cheap and tacky update. That would be the first thing that came off. Its like them chrome wind deflector they used to make years ago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts