1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
i bought a 2010 jetta sportwagen 5 months ago and since then i had problems

1)check engine light. replace seal
2)car pulling on one side. realing stearing wheel
3)rns-510 not downloading maps. replace with new rns-510

i want to know if any body had similiar problems and is thi common on new cars.

·
Registered
226 Posts
You're kidding, the car was pulling so they replaced the steering wheel? Are you sure they didn't just redo the steering alignment? What seal did they replace? What does the dealer receipt say? What's the difference with the rns 510i vs. the regular 510?

·
Registered
69 Posts
1.Replace seal, what seal? Details would help.

2. What does "realing" steering wheel mean?
2. my guess is "re-align." Of course that would have no effect on pulling if the front end needs alignment.

-dan

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is a 2010 jetta sportwagen tdi. With autotransmission, touch screen navi and media device for ipod . Bought the car in TX and drove it back to NY. I saw'' check engine light'' inTN and stopped at a dealer in Knoxwille. The computer was showing in german ''nicht gefunden'' which means ''not found''. The dealer reset. I saw ''check light'' after 100 miles. In NY dealer said the same thing ''found nothing''

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
and told me to come in if happens again. In 2 weeks i was back and this time dealer kept car for 1 week. Here is what dealer stated''''''2399 ran gff found dtc p013 bank1 sensor2 system too lean when greasy instructed by tech line to find exhaust leak and place gasket between egr filter and main exhaust pipe disconnected both o2 sensors and road test vehicle 4 miles reset o2 sensors.......etc''''''''

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
It sounds like an o2 sensor problem so they found an exhaust leak.
If it's fixed now just wait to see if it comes back. Hopefully this is all the problems you will see assuming that they really did fix the problem.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
At this time dealer also updated navi system and performed flash of rns510 as per tsb 91-09-28 because i was not getting directions without the disk. It worked for 2 days and again the same problem. This time the dealer was instucted by the tech line to replace radio unit parts and since then it is working good. I had problem with rear armrest it wasnt pulling down and dealer replaced parts.Since then working good. At around 4400miles the steering wheel was tilting to the right when driving straight road.The dealer REALIGNED steering wheel. Since then working good.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You will be surprised that last friday the'' check light'' came in again. This is 4 months after they fix it and now i really dont know what it is

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yes, new cars have problems all the time. Even Honda and Toyotas regularly have problems ;) The real issue is if the dealer does a good job fixing it for you.

·
Registered
226 Posts
No, if the car is running fine when you sell it why would it? If you've had a recorded accident it would. The car's condition and the market determine the value of the car.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts