VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear the 2011 Jetta will be built here in America.. and long story short.. they're going to kill the car. It won't have that "German Engineering" that I love. I want a car that's designed and used in Europe, not some cheap stuff designed to be sold in large quantitites..

And so.. if I were to get a Jetta (diesel, obviously), I'd get a 2010, but I was wondering..
does anyone know if the cosmetic changes (exterior) of the 2010 Jetta Sportwagen are easily transferable to the 2010 sedan?

And... what are people's opinions of the 2011 Jetta?
It's not going to be built on the Mark VI chassis.. right?

That's horrible.
I might just get the 2010 Golf instead..

God I love cars.
I don't even have a driver's licencse and I'm asking this (I'm 15).
Thank ya.

·
Registered
482 Posts
The past cars could easily bolt on the front. Since the sportwagen still uses the mk5 body but the mk6 bumper, I'm going to take an educated guess and think that they didn't make 2 bumpers for each body. And since the mk6 is similar to a mk5, it probably bolts on.

If it does bolt on, it's just a matter of time before retailers start selling mk5-->mk6 conversion kits. However, since the fenders are different, it's going to be expensive.

The mk6 chassis is all new and not tested and not the Golf's mk6 chassis.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Almost certainly the golf/jetta sportwagen front will bolt on. Easily means well over a thousand dollars for the headlights, bumper, fenders, and paint. My guess is $500 each fender, $800 for the bumper, $800 for the headlights, $1000 for paint, you're at $3000.
The only cheap way is to find a wrecked car.

95% chance the 2011 Jetta will be all new and still built in Puebla on an all new chassis. The Golf will still use the PQ35 chassis.

·
Registered
72 Posts
The chepaest way is to find someone with the same color car who has the new style front who wants your old style front. Then you swap. I don't know who would want to do that since they're devaluing their car.

By the time you are driving the specs or general idea of what the next Jetta will be like will be released.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Does anyone know if the 2010 Jetta Sportwagen will have fog lights......
The pictured Golf Variant has them........I have been told no and yes......

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
I happened to be at the dealer today, they had 2010 Sportwagen brocuhres.

Some wagons were pictured without foglights and it looks bad. It's a large black grille on the bottom. Foglights help break it up. It'll probably be standard on the TDI but that's just a guess.

Nowhere in the brochure did it mention foglights at all so I still don't know.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hopefully the new mid sized sedan will be a Passat that's just built in America, not an "American" Passat. People don't buy VWs because they are Camrys.

·
Registered
17 Posts
On the 2010 JSW TDI I bought two weeks ago - foggies not an option. Not available on any trim level.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts