VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My TDI manual states that I should be able to sync my contacts from my phone to the car for dialing from the wheel controls of the car. This does not appear to be an option on my car.

I called the sales department yesterday as I could have sworn this was also demo'd to me at the dealer when I bought the car. The salesman I spoke to thought that this was not an option in the Sportswagen but could not be 100% certain.

Does anyone else have any information on this? I know manuals sometimes include information for models of cars you don't actually own but I thought my Sportswagen came with the premium radio already. Is this something that only comes on the DVD nav system?

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
It's not an option in the VW sportwagen TDI, Read the FAQ on the bluetooth on how to enable this - long story short, you have 9w2 bluetooth. You have to install a 9w3 bluetooth module or wait for next year's 9w7 bluetooth. The sedan does have this option.

Even if you install the 9w3 it won't dial from the premium radio touchscreen, only the instrument cluster menu and steering wheel controls. You have to have the DVD nav RNS 510 GPS system to dial from the touchscreen.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!

Although it sounds like if I upgrade that I won't be able to use streaming music via Bluetooth. Wonder if 9w7 will allow that...

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's not an option in the VW sportwagen TDI, Read the FAQ on the bluetooth on how to enable this - long story short, you have 9w2 bluetooth. You have to install a 9w3 bluetooth module or wait for next year's 9w7 bluetooth. The sedan does have this option.

Even if you install the 9w3 it won't dial from the premium radio touchscreen, only the instrument cluster menu and steering wheel controls. You have to have the DVD nav RNS 510 GPS system to dial from the touchscreen.
I have a 2010 Golf wagaon TDI and have upgraded it to a 9w3 but i am unable to download my contacts in the MFD+, the voice comands work do you know how to program to make acept the contacts

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
It could be a simple coding problem. What is the part number of the 9w3 module and what is the code it's using? To see the code you must use a VDCS or equivalent. The guy in Poland who sells these says he codes them to your car before sending but IIRC someone else complained they had to change it themselves.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My car has the 9W2 and I'd really like to have phonebook capability, but, so far, the system works as it is supposed to with my Samsung Blackjack II. After reading about so many problems switching to 9W3, I'm thinking maybe I should just get used to what I have!

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
As an update, some people have started installing 9w7 bluetooth in their JSW and Golf. It's the same thing as before, plug-play, change the code using VCDS. However, in addition to being like a combination of 9w2 and 9w3, 9w7 bluetooth also retains the functionality of the overhead buttons. The blinking bluetooth connectivity light doesn't work though. This could be useful for those without a MFSW (non US cars).

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
The module is so new I've only heard of 1 9w7 install and they said the only major difference vs. 9w3 retrofit on a car with 9w2 is that the overhead buttons still work. In a 9w3 retrofit the overhead buttons don't work anymore. My guess is that it's because 9w7 will be used in some cars without multifunction steering wheel, MFSW, like a base Golf or Jetta.

·
Registered
1 Posts
9w7

I'm really interested in upgrading my 2010 Golf TDI with a 9w7 module. Do you have any links to upgrade stories?

Thanks
Hello,
I have a 2010 sportwagon and was misled about the bluetooth by sales person and owners manual. Wanted phone book in bluetooth. Did you get any info on where to get the 9w7 and what it cost? Can you get this from dealer?

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Lots of places. The part number is 7p6 035 730 c (7p6035730c). Just pull the velcroed box under the passenger seat up, unplug the old module, and plug in the new module. You have to use a VCDS or dealer tool to change the software code to make it work like OEM. The code change literally takes under 5 minutes.

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/7P6_035_730_C/ES1906383/
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...50-on-pre-order-basis&highlight=9w7+pre+order
[email protected] iis an individual selling a limited quantity for $350 if you pre order. Some customers did take delivery.
And of course, the dealer.
http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q_how_to/a5/VWbluetoothFAQ.htm
see here for more details.

If you take clear pics of the installation and screen shots of the menu, it would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I recently upgraded the 9w2 to 9w7 in my 2010 golf. I was fine with using the overhead buttons for voice control and not the steering wheel, but i seem to have lost the use of those. Any ideas?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts