VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordered my TDI Sportwagen fully loaded around the first of the year and received it in April. One of the major questions that I had when I received my Sportwagen was why the Phone Book feature is not integrated into the RNS-510. I spoke briefly with the sales associate about the issue and they said that it was available on the 2010 Jetta TDI sedan, but not on the Sportwagen. My question is why is this so and is there a way around it?

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
I believe that you have to replace the bluetooth module with the module from the sedan, the 9w3. Here is some more info: http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q_how_to/a5/VW-bluetooth-FAQ.htmFor 2011 the sportwagens and Golfs get this capability with the new 9w7 bluetooth module. I'm pretty sure you'll be able to retrofit it too but the newer module will cost more and the only additional feature that I am aware of is bluetooth streaming music. The Jetta bluetooth is known but it will probably also be this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats dissapointing. I bought the car thinking it would have this option included. Its even in the RNS-510 manual.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
I'm not 100% sure but I believe this to be the case. There were multiple revisions of each module but I believe they are all functionally similar.

If it doesn't work, first tell the dealer to give you a 9w3 since you bought the car expecting it and it's in the manual. The manual probably has a disclaimer somewhere though. They don't have to give you one and probably won't but for all I know you bought 10 cars from them last year. Second, if you have a ross tech VCDS, see what checkboxes are available in the module code. Each module is intended to work across multiple setups and can be slightly changed. If there's a checkbox to enable this function, check it and see what happens. If it works please report back. I wouldn't buy a VCDS just to try this out since I believe it won't work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bluetooth 9w3 module

I have 2010 JSW, and had same problem. I bought a 9w3 module, coded it, and phonebook works very well. As stated dealer should give you one, at the least at his cost. My dealer wouldn't do anything about it, and didn't even know about how to fix problem. Went to Keefer VW and bought module. Very good to deal with.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts