VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
My name is Brian and I currently own a 2010 Jetta Sportwagen TDI and a 2003 Jetta GLS.

I've recently swaped the orginal bluetooth module in the 2010 Jetta with a 9w7. It works great have yet to purchase the VAG-COM computer to fix the microphone button on the steering wheel.

I am currently working on my 03 Jetta and trying to get the 7 SKC code for it. Odds are I will take to the dealership to pair the new key RFID chip to the computer. I don't have the original 4 digit pin for this car.

The instrument cluster also has a nasty habit of forgetting the time. The trip odometer also resets upon every startup. I've read into this as it's something of a problem with these models. I've already replaced the generator cable, and I will be checking tonight for any loose grounds behind the dash.

Thank you again for your time.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Welcome, yes it could be a ground problem or voltage problem. You have probably already checked this but are the battery and alt working? The alt pulley has a 1 way clutch that can sometimes fail and spin both ways.welcometomyturbodies

1 - 2 of 2 Posts