VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my car 2 weeks ago and put already 3300km on it. I checked the oil yesterday morning on the cold engine and it showed about 3mm above the full mark. Would that qualify as too much oil in the engine and if yes how bad is it for the car? And if its bad, how loud should i shout at the dealer ;)

Thanks for any tips..

PS: 300km highway every day, speed average 115kmh (checked via GPS) 5.8l per 100 km... i hope this gets better once the car is broken in...
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
23,902 Posts
Yes.

It won't blow up but the higher you go the worse. Way too much oil causes foaming because it gets churned up by the crankshaft more than normal. Excess oil could be burned off and increase the rate of DPF clogging. 3mm isn't a lot but it's still too much.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
The workbook supposedly calls for 5 liters even though it only takes 4 and change. Did it come from the factory like that or did the dealer top it off?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
I got my car 2 weeks ago and put already 3300km on it. I checked the oil yesterday morning on the cold engine and it showed about 3mm above the full mark. Would that qualify as too much oil in the engine and if yes how bad is it for the car? And if its bad, how loud should i shout at the dealer ;)

Thanks for any tips..

PS: 300km highway every day, speed average 115kmh (checked via GPS) 5.8l per 100 km... i hope this gets better once the car is broken in...
Always check it either hot or cold. What does the user manual say about checking the oil? Hot or cold?
How is the mpg now? It should slowly improve.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The car has now 13000km and now the oil shows about full. It came from the dealer with too much oil in it. The mpg is on the higher side IMO and it did not improve over the last 10000km. I get 40 mpg with 95% higway and 75mph. The other 5% are heavy footed city traffic..
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top