VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's everyone's thought about VW's poor attempt at the dealer brochure for the Golf in the USA? The more that I look at it, the more angry I become at the moronic people in charge of the brochure.

The most annoying thing to me is the colors of the cars. The little computer generated samples toward the back are so off in representing the actual color, that it resembles someone who only had Crayola Crayons to represent the actual colors. The shark blue is way to blue and the others just have so much shadows to get a good idea what the actual color is suppose to be. I recall in the 80's and 90's the car brochures actually had color chips, just like the paint/body shops had so the color was close to 99% true. What a novel concept!!!

Additionally, these same colors names lack further clarification, such as SOLID, MICA or METALLIC, though they did feel it was necessary to mention Metallic for the United Gray, Reflex Silver, but they failed to mention it for Shark blue or Blue Graphite. It's even worse for the GTI brochure where they only mention the base color. Dah!

Additionally, the other pictures they selected throughout the brochure are bias toward Reflex Silver (4 images), Candy White (4 images), Shark Blue (4 images) and last but not least, Black (2 images). Maybe VW forgot that they had three other colors available???

Hopefully the 2010 Volkswagen's are built with better engineering than their sales brochures.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I wouldn't mind seeing a master color sample at the dealer but putting them in each brochure would cost too much. What about the interior color? Anyway you like it as long as it's black! I'd much rather pay for a choice there than a better brochure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts