VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone:

I purchased the Golf back in summer of 2010, but I didn't find out about this forum until recently.

Seems that I am having some trouble with my Golf. That's when I started searching for help online, and came across this forum. Currently, it is in the dealership to find out more about the "problem".

The car wouldn't start Saturday morning. Well, it actually started, run for about 3 - 4 seconds and then died. Couldn't start it again, so it had to be towed in.

It started just fine in the dealership, but they are checking if any problems... only 16K miles.....

Will share what I find out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK. For everyone who would like to know (this is to add to my previous post above):

VW dealership says that my car messed up on them this morning. As a result, they were able to figure out whatup. It is an air intake regulator. Supposedly, per VW hotline, 2010 Golf TDI 2.0 has already had several problems with it. The redesigned part is back ordered, and it will have to be delivered from Germany. It may take as little as 3 days and as long as 3 weeks.

I am currently very, very unhappy camper. Any suggestions? Advice? Anyone heard of this problem before?

Thanks,
P.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Thank you, please post any part numbers that they give you and I can look them up for you. The most common possible known problems with this type of part is the gears stripping which causes the flap to close and choke the engine. I don't know anything about any redesigned air intake regulator so any info you can provide will help.

·
Registered
72 Posts
AR,
I am sorry to hear about the troubles you are having. Unfortunately, cars are mechanical things that will break, sometimes with little or no prompting from their owners.
The best thing to do is to grin and bear it and hope for the best.
My hope is that the dealer is on top of the problem and will get things fixed and you back on the road.

cheers
Dave Parker

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK. Got my car back. The reason for failure to start per the dealer's description: "internal failure of the intake flap motor assembly". The part is called intake MANIFOLD.
Hope this helps to anyone who may experience same problems. There supposedly were another two more cars in the same dealership with the same problems. Each of them had only around 20K miles on. So far, my Golf is running without any problems. Hope this will not change.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts