VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
So it seems like results have been mixed? I am in Washington, DC and nobody has anything. A couple of the dealers got one car in and it sold immediately. I'm hearing anywhere from 60-120 days before they see anymore. I'm wondering if I should worry that I won't get one at all -- I passed on a fully loaded version a couple of days ago because I'm trying to spend less than that. Should I jump on it if I get the chance again so that I don't miss the opportunity entirely? Or are the dealers putting an unnecessary fear in me regarding getting my hands on a 2010 Golf TDI?

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
50-50.

The current supply is short but they finally ramped up production. It will take a while for the new supply to trickle down to the dealers. I highly doubt they are aware of this at the dealer level since most car salespeople barely even know what's in the sales brochure. So I don't think they were straight out lying if they mentioned the short supply. Current allocations average only a few TDI per dealer per month and most of the time they're already sold or sell fast. In the next few months this will increase by 4-6 per month, on average, per dealer. Some dealers get more allocations and some get less. Since every dealer gets different allocations, as a rough guess this means about 7-15 TDI total (all models) per month at each dealer. After the intial demand dies down I think you'll have more options.

So while current supply is short, you'll get what you in a 2010 VW Golf TDI if you wait AND shop around...in 2010 and not 2011 :)

21 - 23 of 23 Posts