VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
That's exactly what I've been saying (see the buyer's guide for the Audi A3 for more commentary) - the engine is certified for the US, the car is also certified for the US...just not that engine in that car. They have commercials on TV for Audi TDI but there are few cars available at dealers.

PS, I have checked out the Audi wagons, there is barely more usable space than a sedan. It's pretty sad for a wagon. If you want a wagon, go with the Jetta sportwagen or Passat wagon because the A4 wagon's sharp back is great for fuel economy, bad for load space. Since most buy a wagon for the added utility, it reduces the attractiveness of the wagon.

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Compare to the BMW 335d and you'll see there it's a fair deal. The Audi A3 is kind of a disappointment because compared to a VW Golf, the Golf is a much better value even after taking away the additional features of the A3. The only practical reason for an A3 is if you want something between a Golf and Jetta Wagon. There are other reasons to buy it but not because of practicality or value.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Wow, that car is pure sex :p I normally don't go for red interiors but it fits in this case. I wonder if the front lip is stock because it doesn't look stock.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So in other words, they just don't feel like spending the money and doing the work to bring "what the people want"! I do remember hearing that the BMW wasn't selling well but that could just be because expensive cars aren't selling well in general.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts