VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the pictures on the brochure and the website, the tail lamp on the 2010 A3 was updated from 2009, the FAQ mentioned this. I'm curious, though, which part of the tail lamp is what? What is the color of the turn signals? Below is a picture of the tail lamp for the 2010 A3:

I'm guessing that the clear "slit" on the hatch is the back up light, and the clear "slit" on the side is the turn signal? Then rest are brake light(s)? In contrast, the 2009 A3 tail lamp has a similar clear "slit" on the hatch, but the rest is all red, making the turn signals red as well:

Anyways, I'm just curious whether any one had made observations about that, or if someone already in possession of theirs can have a look. Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had to go out and check mine when I read the question -- as the primary driver, I never see the tail lights! The rear turn signals are red: it's the center section of the light housing on the body. "Lights on" illuminates a strip that outlines the entire body + hatch section. The white slits are backup lights and a reflector.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies....

I was hoping the new tail light would mean (or at least the possibility of having) orange turn signals. I've always thought brake lights are red, turn signals should be orange -- so that other drivers won't get confused which one is which. :eek: But... Oh well. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts