VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEy all, we just took apart friends 2010 a6 3.0 tdi intake manifold and egr cooler.. was throwing a code.

Anyways, I am wondering about an EGR delete for him - he has a vagcom so we are wondering can we do egr delete w/ just a sealed plate off the turbo line and with a vagcom or is it more complicated than that?

thansk for any help

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
The car will recognize that the EGR is no longer working and it'll throw codes. You need a delete tune to fully delete the function. So cheaper and better for the environment to fix it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, I guess maybe Im just used to working on truck diesels where you rip all this stuff off before it costs you a couple k to fix it all!

But anyhow, im just exploring this option. Is there a good write up on doing egr delete w/ tuner & such anywhere? I dont think I can convince him to delete it but I am curious!

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
That would be in the realm of chip tuning. The actual delete could range from ripping everything out to a simple block off plate gasket as you mentioned.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well its all clean and he says its more peppy:p thinks it eliminated some turbo lag.
Anyways, onto do this onmy 2L tdi.. but ill just go for the delete i think

thx

·
Premium Member
1,684 Posts
Well its all clean and he says its more peppy:p thinks it eliminated some turbo lag.
Anyways, onto do this onmy 2L tdi.. but ill just go for the delete i think

thx

Sound like something you would say after you done something? What did you end up doing?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2014 Cayenne and looking to delete delete delete. I found only one guy in Houston Tx that will do it. He stated he will due the tune and no onboard tuner will be needed. The delete kit is from Rawtekinc of Canada cost 1817 plus shipping 92$ in 1-2 days. They pair this with a Malone tuner stage 1 or 2 . The above price is for Stage 2.
So this mechanic says no need for the tuner he can do it with his own tune. All in the delete would be $3824. With included Fabspeed exhaust. I have not pulled the trigger on this yet just Leary about his tune apposed to the Malone tuner. What are the thoughts of this forums members?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Clean it , replace it or delete it, I haven’t done anything yet but I am in favor of a full delete and tune. I just can’t find the right place to get it done. I want reliability and mpg.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts