2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These cars are a pain in my ass lol i ha ve a p00af code that causing limp mode
any advice would be greatly appreciated

·
Premium Member
9,665 Posts
Welcome to the forum. welcometomyturbodies

Well it should be under warranty so a trip to the stealer is needed.

EOBD II Error Code: P00AF

Fault Location:
Turbocharger (TC)/Supercharger (SC) boost pressure control A - module performance

Possible Cause:
Wiring.
Engine control module (ECM).

As taken from my http://www.myturbodiesel.com/forum/f9/free-eobd-ii-error-codes-software-2919/ ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited by Moderator)
I wish it was under warranty the car has 72000 miles on it i all ready took the turbo off and cleaned and sandblasted the vaines i wounder if its the actuator the turbo was in good shape still but the vaines were stuck when i took it off. The car runs good but it keep going into limp mode with that p00af code. Do you know if you can buy a new actuator for the car with out buying the whole turbo?

Thanks tons for the advice

pmutah

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone found just the actuator? I hate to spend 1200+ for a turbo when I just need an actuator. Has anyone tried using an older turbo actuator and adjusting the bracket? My mechanic plugged in an older one and the code cleared (though of course the problem is still there) so it seems like other than the bracket and maybe needing to adjust the shaft it should work, right?

Also is there anyway to force a regen while the turbo isn't working? If not anyone have a good feel for how far is "safe" to drive with the DPF light on?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
For a 2009? Not that I am aware of.

Yes but it requires VCDS, see the DPF FAQ for more info

Manually, no. If the DP light is on it could be clogging or service.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts