VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
GTI 35 Edition , GTD Mk6, Jetta Mk5 BKD 2007
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

My VW Jetta, BKD engine is leaking fuel on passenger side in back of the engine. VCDs scan reveal nothing.
The tandem pump is very dry , but leak droplets can be seen on heat exchange pipe, back of engine bay.
Very strange as I can not locate this. Please advise what I should look at.

Thanks

Al

·
Super Moderator
9,551 Posts
Diesel leak just insect all fuel pipes and connectors.

Add your car specs to your signature that will show on every post you make.

Car spec now shows not for all members.

Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 02/2006-07/2008, Model: Jetta, Engine Code: BKD, 103Kw, 140PS, 2.0 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Direct Injection Pumpe Düse (TDI-PD), 16v Timing belt
Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 05/2004-10/2008, Model: Jetta/Syncro Jetta, Engine Code: BKD, 103Kw, 140PS, 2.0 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Direct Injection Pumpe Düse (TDI-PD), 16v Timing belt

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll give that a go again , thanks Keith. I have primed all the pumps and all but nothing shows , its only overnight that you get to see the puddle under the car.
Only few blue drops you see is on the back metal pipe that goes from the front -under tandem pump to behind engine between the firewall. Nothing wet on the transmission under the tandem pump .

VW, Date(s) Used: 02/2006-07/2008, Model: Jetta, Engine Code: BKD, 103Kw, 140PS, 2.0 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Direct Injection Pumpe Düse (TDI-PD), 16v Timing belt

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just thinking out loud, what are the chances the fuel cooler is spraying toward engine.? I found some residue on passenger side on plastic under body protection plate

1 - 4 of 4 Posts