VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure somebody else has written something about this before,but the case id: I am hearing noise from oilpump area.This is the gear driven pump i think.
First it sound like chain rassle,but when its gear driven its not.So my question is,is it possible to just change the hexagon axle in pump,it seems like a small job.Just pull down the
oilpan,a circlip and axel out with a magnet an 10 $ in partscost!Will this do the job?I have still a working oilpump,but will do this before its to late! Regards Stig

·
Registered
21 Posts
Take the sump off. Remove the balance shaft assembly and oil pump and throw it away. Buy the balance shaft delete kit from Kerma with the 1.8 oil pump and chain drive sprocket for the crankshaft. Biggest issue is getting the gear drive off the crank. Don't bother trying to pull it off. I ended up carefully cutting and grinding it off with a baby grinder. Just cut it away till its very thin at the crank and then heat it up and it pops off. Then heat the sprocket supplied in the oven. Pop it on. Its a shrink fit sort of deal. And you need to plug the hole that supplies the oil to the balance shaft assembly. Fit the 1.8 pump, chain and chain tensioner and put the sump back on. Problem sorted. While you're in there take off the Egr cooler, egr pipe that goes around the back and throw them away too! Blank off on the manifold and egr valve. Connect the in and out water pipes from the egr cooler together behind the head... But you'll need a remap to remove that pesky check engine light. Your engine will be all better now ;)

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts