VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Jetta TDI with 103000 miles on it. Changed the timing belt about 2000 miles ago. If I just drive it easy it drives fine. However when I need to give it the gas it stutters. As soon as i ease off it, it drives good again. Maybe bad fuel? Fuel filter? Would the air cleaner cause this maybe? I know i need to get a new one. Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Was it like that before the timing belt or just after? Did you use the correct tools for lining everything up properly and also have you had a good check for any possible loose connections like the turbo pipe connections etc?:)

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
It could be any of the 3 things you mentioned.

The intake hose you remove to do the TB likes to pop off due to loose clips on the hose retention tabs. Make sure they're seated completely.

It could also be things related to air intake or fuel delivery like a sensor problem.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im going to look at a few things. It happened after we did the TB so maybe a loose clip or something. Thanks for the info guys appreciate it!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fixed!!

Yes the car is an Mk5. Will post there next time. But the good news is its fixed. Changed the air filter first but no luck. Than did the fuel filter, that did the trick! Thanks for the help on here especially the directions on how to do it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts