Talk about slow going!
What's done so far:
1) Pull transmission
2) Pull DSG axles
3) Pull cluster & send manual ECU to be flashed / married
4) remove DSG Shifter
5) Install 5sp shifter
6) Change brake pedal
7) Install clutch pedal & master cylinder
8) Install cluster & ECU
9) Replace heater hoses while I have access
10) Modify wiring
11) Rebuild both axles - new boots and regrease
12) Prep control arms - it's time to replace bushings and ball joints
13) Pull control arms
14) Install control arms
What's left to do:
1) Remove pilot bearing outer race
2) Install clutch
3) Install transmission
4) Install Axles
5) Adjust shifter cables & bleed clutch & brakes (time to change fluid anyway)
6) Test drive & check alignment
As usual, the pilot bearing is being a major PAIN. Looks like I will have to take my time with a small cold chisel.
I understand that. I even went so far as to measure and compare the depth of the input shaft. I know it clears the pilot bearing.
Given that I have most of the pilot bearing out, I feel the need to make sure the remainder of the outer race is removed. I'll give it some time with a cold chisel.
Hi guys I want to swap my jetta 1.9TDI 2006 dsg to manual. Where I can buy the complete kit?
Got it running last night!
Finished off the details today.
Put 40 miles on the car. No issues! Got an alignment scheduled tomorrow afternoon.
I'll post some pics of the wiring this weekend.