VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, thanks for reading this Post.

I have 06 VW Golf TDI 1.9L

My trans shifts hard when cold 1-2 and 2-3rd gear, other gears shifts very smooth even when extremely cold . I bumped into this article . Does anyone know how much it cost ? Only dealer can do it ?

The Volkswagen transmission has been documented by consumers to have a few issues that prevent the car from being a joy to ride. The Volkswagen models that have been affected by these transmission problems and have been recalled by the manufacturer are the Jetta, Jetta Sportswagen, GTI and Eos. The problems are mainly due to a fault in the Direct Shift Gearbox (DSG) system. Volkswagen has also had problems with its high-end paddle gearbox, the Tiptronic Transmission System .

1. The Tiptronic Transmission
The Volkswagen's Tiptronic transmission is very modern and uses cutting edge technology. However, it has a few inherent weak points. These have been identified by the manufacturer and steps have been taken to resolve them. The problems with this transmission are hard shifts from gear 1 to 2, erratic shifting from gear 3 to gear 4 and a shudder in the torque converter. These can be rectified by following the Volkswagen service bulletin and downloading the latest software.

·
Super Moderator
9,462 Posts
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

This is a new forum layout with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or or original similes. It doesn't show the car spec/location or signature properly either

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a pole which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th December, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum

What is the transmission/gearbox code?

·
Super Moderator
9,462 Posts
Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 07/2001-, Model: Golf, Transmission Code: EYP, Transmission Type: 5A
Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 08/2003-, Model: Golf, Transmission Code: GNZ, Transmission Type: 5A
Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 05/2003-05/2006, Model: Golf/Variant/4Motion/R32, Golf 1.9 TDI-PD, Transmission Code: GPC, Transmission Type: 5A

What does it say on the data sticker? Data Sticker/Options Sticker and Engine Codes

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 07/2001-, Model: Golf, Transmission Code: EYP, Transmission Type: 5A
Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 08/2003-, Model: Golf, Transmission Code: GNZ, Transmission Type: 5A
Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 05/2003-05/2006, Model: Golf/Variant/4Motion/R32, Golf 1.9 TDI-PD, Transmission Code: GPC, Transmission Type: 5A

What does it say on the data sticker? Data Sticker/Options Sticker and Engine Codes

Just spoke to a dealer and I asked them 3 digit letter code ,they said they can track it thru my vin# so I gave them that and they told me the 3 letter code is for this transimission is :

09A

·
Super Moderator
9,462 Posts
09A isn't a transmission/gear box code it isn't a transmission type. I've posted the codes you said.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so i called another dealer and this one gave me the right one, sorry for that. it is

GPC

1 - 8 of 8 Posts