VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Have you looked at this? It shows where the window should be and the hole visible through the window. 2004, 2005, VW Jetta TDI, and 2006 VW Golf TDI, New Beetle TDI timing belt removal and replacement procedure part 1- 1.9L bew engine. the site used to be much better organized, there was an upgrade a couple years back and finding data has been more challenging. or maybe I am just old? Hmmmmm....

If you look at the injectors, the edges should be parallel to the cam caps. There is a measure from the timing belt side of the block the each one, I'll have to dig it up and it is like plus or minus 1 mm, I made a template when I tore mine apart and was having issues years back.
Have you looked at this? It shows where the window should be and the hole visible through the window. 2004, 2005, VW Jetta TDI, and 2006 VW Golf TDI, New Beetle TDI timing belt removal and replacement procedure part 1- 1.9L bew engine. the site used to be much better organized, there was an upgrade a couple years back and finding data has been more challenging. or maybe I am just old? Hmmmmm....

If you look at the injectors, the edges should be parallel to the cam caps. There is a measure from the timing belt side of the block the each one, I'll have to dig it up and it is like plus or minus 1 mm, I made a template when I tore mine apart and was having issues years back.
No I haven’t seen that. That is for the bew engine however it is very similar so I will try using the window line up to see if it helps. Thanks for the link. Ill have to double check the injector clearances. I did some research and none ever said anything about that so it’s worth a shot too. Just need some procedures lol.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I also got a 2006 Jetta and it was sitting for at least 2 years plus. I changed the cam and timing belt. Mine did start and was running rough prior to doing that. was running good for a couple of months, then lost power driving to work like it wasn't getting fuel, then no start. also checked and getting fuel to filter. Got new tandem pump yesterday, should have it in in a day or two. I'll let you know how that goes.
Any more luck on your brm?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I found the problem! I was following some procedures on a forum on how to adjust injectors and some how I missed the fact that I was supposed to bottom out the injector. The only thing I did was screw the ball screw down till I felt resistance “finger tight” and then back it off 180 degrees. This would hardly push the injector down and I noticed that but I never thought twice about it.🤦🏼‍♂️ I usually pay good attention to detail and can’t believe that I goofed on such a simple thing.lol🤦🏼‍♂️ Hopefully this will keep someone else from a headache some time. Lol the car runs great and I broke in the cam and have drivin it 70 miles with the new cam so far. Thank you all for your help!
Best of luck
-Cecil

21 - 23 of 23 Posts