VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I ordered a kit and tools to do this job,should arrive Fri. I am going to attemp this one in hopes all goes well this weelend.:eek Anything I should really be aware of from you that have replaced one? Thanks in advance, I know I will be back with questions. Thanks Again

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Ok I ordered a kit and tools to do this job,should arrive Fri. I am going to attemp this one in hopes all goes well this weelend.:eek Anything I should really be aware of from you that have replaced one? Thanks in advance, I know I will be back with questions. Thanks Again
I am assuming this is a BEW TDI. Did you order a complete kit from Bora parts, ID parts, Metalman or Dieselgeek? If not, who did you order from? If you ordered from Hans Auto, Rothenbacher ENgineering, emiata.com, Prothe, or some other alias from a guy in South Carolina, SEND IT BACK as it is CHINESE JUNK!!!! It will break and damage your engine. Do you have a manual (Bentley)? If you have the tools etc and it is a quality kit, you shouldn't have any problems with it. Take your time and make sure.

·
Super Moderator
2,243 Posts
If you ordered from Hans Auto, Rothenbacher ENgineering, emiata.com, Prothe, or some other alias from a guy in South Carolina, SEND IT BACK as it is CHINESE JUNK!!!! It will break and damage your engine.
I believe PRothe is in North Carolina...

Yuri

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
If the motor mount falls out shen you raise and lower the engine, make sure you put it back in place BEFORE you install the new timing belt.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Parts from Dieselgeek, they responed to my questions fast and came highly recommended. So today is the day. Here goes

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help.

Runs great, sure had me there for the moment when it was sucking air LOL. Once I got the clamps back on the intake and exhaust alls well. :bowdown Pat pat Thanks again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts