VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello , i just purchased a new 06 jetta tdi 5 speed. it has 288k , so i have papers for head work from a year ago. when i purchased it the car felt super slow and no torque at all. I had a 01 alh tdi and when the turbo charge pipe blew out it was super slow , thats how i feel now. First thing i did like every car i get , i pulled the valve cover and oil pan and all oil seemed ok and i cleaned the carbon buildup, then i checked the cam and it looks brand new , not worn. The car still has no power, i hear the turbo spool up but the car is like puttering/ misfireing when trying to accerate hard , but low throttle its ok. Feels like no fuel. So i checked my charge pipes and found my 90 degree hose slit, bought a new one and its still slow . So ik i have a good cam and good charge pipe, and ik my turbo has been replaced in the past 10k. So what else could i do to fix my no power issues, Im gonna try the maf trick by unplugging it today. Any ideas? clogged fuel filter?

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Ok so i just found out that my elbow charge pipe blew origanlly because when the engine is reved the pipe expands as if the air from the turbo has no where to go, like something is clogging the intake? any idea?

So looks like it might be a bad cam as i have blue smoke coming from my intake when charge pipe disconnected

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
"i checked the cam and it looks brand new , not worn."

Are you sure there's no wear? See the camshaft replacement article, it has some videos of bad cams idling. If the air has nowhere to go, that could mean the valves aren't opening. Are you sure the cam is right? If they put in a different cam than the BRM it'll fit and work but you'll have less power. Not horribly slow but it's noticeable.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Are you sure there's no wear? See the camshaft replacement article, it has some videos of bad cams idling. If the air has nowhere to go, that could mean the valves aren't opening. Are you sure the cam is right? If they put in a different cam than the BRM it'll fit and work but you'll have less power. Not horribly slow but it's noticeable.
It's bad , when high reved , blue smoke comes from intake outside lol and one lobe has scratches but it seemed ok

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

ok so thanks for the reponse , i payed out and got a new brm cam from id parts and a timing belt and everything lol, i redid the cam and timing and i got a cel , havent scanned yet, but i feel a little more power but it still feels like nothing , no power, what could it be? , CLOGGED cat?

·
Registered
1 Posts
ok so thanks for the reponse , i payed out and got a new brm cam from id parts and a timing belt and everything lol, i redid the cam and timing and i got a cel , havent scanned yet, but i feel a little more power but it still feels like nothing , no power, what could it be? , CLOGGED cat?

I would check your egr valve the easiest way is to just unplug the electrical connector on the egr valve and start the car up and take it for a test drive if your power comes back then you've found the problem

1 - 9 of 9 Posts