VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have here a Mechanic owned 2006 Volkswagen TDI DSG. It has about 263,*** miles, this won't go up to much because I don't drive it very much anymore. All Maintenance is up to date, I even Just replaced the timing belt at 263k. Also About 80k miles ago the Camshaft was replaced, I did recently inspect it and I see no signs of wear. At that same time the flywheel for the DSG transmission was replaced as well. The brakes are fairly new with plenty of life on them. Also included is a second set of the same wheels with Winter Tires on them. The winter tires easily have another season left on them, and the summer tires have about another season left on them as well(more or less depending on how much driving you do). I know VW recommends changing the oil every 10,000 miles, well I always did it every 5,000 using Pentosin oil every time. I would run Diesel Purge through the car at every oil change as well. The DSG fluid in the Transmission was recently changed at 260k, I changed it every 40k as recommended. All the filters were changed at 260k as well ( fuel, air, and cabin), I replaced the wiper blades at that time as well. I recently inspected the play in the turbo and it didn't have any excessive play at that time. The EGR was removed and tuned out previously as well, the car has a Stage 1 Malone tune to go with that. Battery is about a year old. Driver seat is in ok shape for a car with over 260k miles but it is starting to get some cracking. The overall paint still has a great shine to it as I waxed it myself multiple times a year, although I have only owned it about 5 years. The body itself is good for the age and miles of the car, but does have some rust starting in the usual areas. I did just get the car professionally detailed inside and out. I really don't need it anymore as I live 4 miles from my work and I already have a new car. The airbag light is on, there is a bad harness in the left front seat for the airbag in the seat from my understanding, I don't remember the code. I did convert the front end to a GTI look front end, and the windows were professionally tinted. I also installed the nice Engine Block heater that heats and pumps the coolant through the engine. A/c works, heat works, and seat heaters work great. I can't think of any issues to mention on the car, and it has been very good to me. 3500 OBO, no low ball offers please as i might not even counter offer if you are just too low. Cash only, no trades, clean title in my hand. Car is located

1 - 2 of 2 Posts