VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello My name is David I too have Identified the cam wear problem thanks to the videos posted here on myturbodesiel.com. I have read a few post about the DIY method and was considering it but I do not have special tools. I read that you may rent them... I would like to know where and how. also it is time for my timing belt to be changed and should I do this at the same time.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
The timing belt should be changed at your discretion. However, if it's due in the next year or two I would change it now and save the trouble.

Before you buy anything, remove the cam cover and take a look just to make sure. PM sent about the tools.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have done as you have said and confirmed the cam has wear on all lobes except injector. I have uploaded pictures so that you may see if I am correct. Also I have found a deluxe cam kit from Bora Parts. I was wondering if this seems to be a good deal? One last question do I have to pull the engine to replace the timing belt? As I have not read that how to yet?

http://shopping.boraparts.com/product_info.php?products_id=214

·
Registered
482 Posts
Bora is a good place to buy the parts. The article on how to pull the timing belt is in the FAQ. It's not a Ferrari so no engine pull is required :)

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
I just did mine this weekend. The DIY instructions are straight forward and I just sent the tools back so they should be ready for you to rent..lol. I too purchased the deluxe kit from Aaron at Bora, stand up dude.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to the excelent cam repalcement how to by chittychittybangbang my car is running perfectly. It took me 2 days but I took my time and got it right. And the car starts much more easy now!!! Thanks to the detailed instructions.

Thanks again!!!! :) :) :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts