VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Sorry. I don't come around often. Injector seals can fail in gradual steps. I have been down the long crank torture you have videoed and when I had the problems, people on the forum listed out the extreme failure conditions such as you have and that my deviations did not indicate seal issues. I changed the seals, my starting problems went away. But the crank, crank stumble then start is, at least in my experience, the injector seals. It does not always show in the deviations as some insist they will.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sorry. I don't come around often. Injector seals can fail in gradual steps. I have been down the long crank torture you have videoed and when I had the problems, people on the forum listed out the extreme failure conditions such as you have and that my deviations did not indicate seal issues. I changed the seals, my starting problems went away. But the crank, crank stumble then start is, at least in my experience, the injector seals. It does not always show in the deviations as some insist they will.
I suspected the seals however after reviewing the maintenance bill from the shop I go to, it shows the car had injector seals replaced with camshaft about 70k miles ago. I’ve just put in a new person fuel pump this week, changed out the fuel filter housing. And some more fuel lines. Replaced the G28 crank sensor. No help,
the low fuel pump I removed was covered in what appears to be soot. And it’s only a few years old itself! I’m thinking I should drain fuel and give the tank a good cleaning.
tired of running into dead ends. But the car drives good after it finally starts 😮‍💨

21 - 25 of 25 Posts