VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Sorry your TDI is problematic, as well as many of us. So here is my 2cents: the heater hose your car has is a know issue, remember this is the first go at MKV Jetta, BRM etc. So the location of the heater hoses and the turbo charger and the EGR cooler is terrible design. The on the fly fix? That funky silver hose section that was on your OEM heater hose (likely covered in dirt oil soot) is made of heat resistant silicon. By strategic placing this little section, they got that car of the assembly line and out to dealers everywhere. My hose did the same thing and the coupler also failed. I kept the old OEM hose silicon sleeve, bought OEM hose (comes with new silver silicon section) and added the old section to the new OEM hose creating a complete silicon cover for the heater hose, nearest to the turbo. Haven’t had any issue with it since! The black rubber heater hose cannot take the extreme heat from the turbo, the EGR Cooler doesn’t help the high heat in this location.
Jim Ellis has many dealers, VW, AUDI, etc. They are my go to for OEM parts.
as far as your AC goes, This is not a typical US AC system. This compressor runs (when switched on) all the time and uses the computer and an electronic metering valve. This electronic metering valve on the compressor is a common failure… the best part is it’s hard to find, outside of buying a new AC compressor. Yes, mine went out and I elected to replace the compressor (and the dryer).So I am saying if your system is evacuated and charges correctly, you don’t seem sure? To that end, yes you can contaminate the system with plain air. It also won’t work if the refrigerant is over charged (too much) The system must be under a deeep vacuum before charged. A professional ASE HVAC tech would know all the ins and outs to get your system running and the EPA regulations for disposal of contaminated refrigerant.

Reactions: p.e.fletcher
1 - 1 of 1 Posts