VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

My first post here...

I just ordered a timing belt kit from DieselGeek (my TDI has 138,000 kms.), but I also need an EGR valve, part number 03G131501D.

The dealer here in Regina, Saskatchewan wants a small fortune for the EGR valve so I'm looking online but can't seem to find any... does anyone know where to find one at a reasonable price?

Oh, I also broke the vent on the floor in the back seat that passengers back there can adjust for air/heat etc. Is the a site where such parts can be ordered?

Best regards,
Andrew

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
I don't know any super cheap online places in Canada, you can try worldimpex or 1stvwparts and ask them how much import tax is.

Not sure what the vent part number is but you could ask them.

There's a junkyard in PA which has lots of VW parts, you could try them:
L&T Enterprizes Allentown, PA
610-264-9191
800-228-3895

I'm getting VW# 03g 131 501 n as an assembly of a few parts. It looks like VW# 03g 131 502 is a smaller part on that assembly, just the EGR, instead of the whole thing. I'm not sure exactly what the difference is since I'm just going off the parts catalog. Not sure if it'll work as a direct replacement but check your car for this part number since it's quite a bit cheaper. It may be removeable from the larger assembly and replaced as a single piece.

There's a timing belt writeup here that can help you install the timing belt:
http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q_how_to/a5/brm_timingbelt_part1.htm

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, "myturbodiesel" is the website where I got the idea to order the timing belt kit from dieselgeeks. It's a great resource and shows, step by step, how to replace the timing belt, water pump etc.

I'll try the sites you suggest for JUST the EGR valve number 03g131502 instead of the whole assembly. 03G131501D (whole assembly - I think) was the number I was given by the VW dealership here... they may want to disuade me from going elsewhere for just the valve.

Thanks again, and if anyone knows of any other sites to order just the EGR valve, I'm listening!

Andrew

·
Registered
142 Posts
I would just buy a used one - the EGR valve doesn't fail often. There was also a recall in the US on some EGR cooler, don't know if that was in Canada too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts