·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,

I have a 2006 Jetta 2.5 Value Edition with 2 big problems on the Gauges:

- Fuel Gauge is not working

- Outside Temp is incorrect

Ok for the fuel gauge, I have checked with VCDS and mechanically the Gauge seems fine, moves when tested, the problem is it is not getting a signal. I tried with another Cluster and the gauge moves with no problem, so it is not the sender or wiring, it is something between the actual gauge and the way it connects to the cluster, same thing for the outside temp it's incorrect changed the sensor and shows the same, so I checked with another cluster and no problem.

So question is, is there any way to fix the cluster? where could the actual problem be?

The easist would be to change the whole cluster,problem is the immo chip

Any ideas would be really appreciated

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Since you've already ID the problem, it sounds like the only thing left is getting around the immobilizer. I would first get the SKC and since you already have VCDS, it's not too much more work to program the new stuff. See the immo FAQ on getting the SKC. I don't know how you could repair the cluster unless you took it apart and were able to identify a bad solder or soemthing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried, no luck, I have a cluster I bought from ebay but I cannot read the immo data, Vag Commander will read the odometer but not the immobilizer, also the immo light will not flash or turn on when installed, any ideas?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts