VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Greetings from Columbia, SC. I have a 2006 Jetta TDI and I am receiving the blinking key on the dash panel that leads me to believe my vehicle immobilizer system has failed. I have both original factory keys and neither will start the car for more than one second before the cars cuts off. I recently replaced the original equipment battery with an interstate battery. This was over a month ago and I have had no problems until today. Is there some way to reset this myself or get it to over-ride so that I could get it to a dealership? I have tried removing both cables and connecting them for 10 minutes as someone stated in another post and I have tried to leave the key in the ignition for 10 minutes with the ignition on.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/multi/immobilizer-VW-Audi-FAQ.htm

Read all sections of this FAQ on how the system works, it should give you a better idea of how to troubleshoot. You could try leaving it on for up to 30 minutes, something that can do it as well.

There is no way to reset it yourself unless you have the correct tools, which it sounds like you don't, read the FAQ for more info and how to get the tools. If you need the car today only solution is tow to dealer tomorrow but in the meantime, worth trying the free solutions because it should not have been activated for no reason.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the ideas. Turns out my problem was a short in the the instrument cluster assemble. I had to take this one to the dealer and have it replaced and reprogramed. This was my first trip to the dealer since I purchased the car. Thee were also two minor recalls they fixed for free. Grand total $739.65.

Im buying a HEX-USB+CAN Interface from RossTech so I may diagnose my own problems. Is this a good model?

·
Premium Member
9,661 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts