VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 06 developed some abnormalities. Engine idle goes to 1000 RPM, cooling fans engaging, blinking light on the rear window defroster button & just won’t work. All these problems were also intermittent. I also noticed that cranking speed was a little slower on a warm engine. And as the outside temperature dropped, cranking speed really took a dive on a cold engine, just like a weak battery. So during the colder weather when I wanted the car to warm up fast, only to have the electric fans come on right away, was irritating me. But my main objective was to go after the slow cranking. I decided to do a voltage drop test on the positive side & negative side, and found the problem being with the ground side. The short ground cable at transmission mount to the body. I’m here to tell you, that you cannot see anything wrong with it, or the eyelets at all. I ended up installing a different cable & redoing my voltage drop test to confirm the repair, all good! Now the cranking speed is where it should be. Plus it had taken care of the mysterious high idle, electric fans coming on + the light in button for rear window defroster stays solid & works. So for people out there that’s not up to speed on how to do voltage drop tests, do yourself a favor get online utube or what ever, and learn it, it will save you some money.

·
Super Moderator
8,924 Posts
This is a new forum layout with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or or original similes. It doesn't show the car spec/location or signature either

We Are Live - Community Feedback

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts