VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,
I just signed up for this forum, and wanted to say hi. I have a 2006 VW Jetta TDI 5M Pkg2 platinum grey, with around 71,000 miles. I am the original owner, and have done a decent amount of the scheduled maintenance myself. I have a few mods - dieselgeek short shifter, RC1+, fogs, LED tails, various interior Euro OEM items, etc. Nothing major.

I'm not sure why I haven't seen this forum before - I've been around VWVortex and TDIClub a bunch (not much lately, though). I starting looking around because of the impending timing belt change, and wanted to start getting educated on the job. That led me back to here!

Anyways, hello, and I'll spend most of my time reading - I usually don't post much. So, I'm looking forward to learning a lot!

--Mark

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
How is the rocketchip over stock? I added HID to mine, take a look at the writeup for before-after.
One difference here is that the content is updated regularly. If you spot any errors or things that need clarifying in the FAQ, just post a suggestion!
welcometomyturbodies

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The RocketChip tune was the first thing I had done back to the car back in 2006. I actually won the tune on a raffle on TDIClub. Jeff took care of me, and is an impressive guy. The RC1+ is the way the car should have come stock. I never had it dyno'ed, but I believe their claims of around 140/220 hp/tq, if i remember correctly. It drives awesome, and mpg went up a bit. Paired with a short shift kit, it drives great. Don't need much more in a daily driver, I think, until you are ready to put some decent effort into it.

--Mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts