VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all-

I am trying to diagnose the cooling fan staying running after the car is off and cooled down.

I tried scanning with VCDS. Got nothing initially.

Changed the main cooling fan thinking the fan controller was flaking out, but that did not fix it.

Now I get P1672. Looking at Bentley's online DTC, that is not even listed. Googling, and I am not sure I trust the results is
"18080 cooling fan control 1 open circuit / short with ground p1672 intermittent"

I read the G62 block for the coolant temp sensor, and its like 59-60C, the pop-up in VCDS says 75C is the limit.

What other measuring blocks should I be looking at?

Could it be the collant temp sensor? is that the one under the tandem pump? I tried unplugging it but that had no effect, the fan still runs.

Thanks in advance

sinneD

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
I recently had a similar issue with my MIKV. BOTH fans ran after shutting the engine off and removing the key! I was blowing fuse #16. Cause was a BAD A/C compressor coil (on a stinking NEW compressor!); coil was shorted. If the circuitry is anything like the MKIVs then you might try disconnecting your A/C compressor wiring harness and replacing the fuse. One can rule in/out the compressor coil by testing the resistance of the coil (disconnect harness and read resistance across the two wires/pins on the compressor [should be in the 3 to 4 ohm range]- a short will show up as a very small resistance number).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts