VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm pulling my hair out on this. I have a 2006 jetta tdi BRM and I was getting excessive oil in my intercooler pipes and I was afraid my turbo was going to detonate. So I replaced the turbo cartridge. Upon reinstalling when I start it if I hit the accelerator immediately the turbo will boost like it should. But if I let off it goes into a sort of limp mode and won't boost or get above 1k rpms. It is all stock other than an egr delete. I'm also getting a P2564 code. Does that mean my actuator needs replaced? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A friend of mine had some simular issues after replacing EGR with a delete kit. 2005 Touran TDI.
Allthough I doubt he had the same code, does your turbo have an Vacuum controlled actuator or electric? If it is electric and you just replaced the cartridge that
could be the cause of your issue.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A friend of mine had some simular issues after replacing EGR with a delete kit. 2005 Touran TDI.
Allthough I doubt he had the same code, does your turbo have an Vacuum controlled actuator or electric? If it is electric and you just replaced the cartridge that
could be the cause of your issue.
It has vacuum but electronic position sensor. What did they do to fix it?

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
As for the egr delete, there have been many reports of turbo spinup and boost issues when egr deletes are done without a tune. With little other details, my guess would be a tune fixed it.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As for the egr delete, there have been many reports of turbo spinup and boost issues when egr deletes are done without a tune. With little other details, my guess would be a tune fixed it.
I could definitely understand that if I hadn't ran it for 20k with the egr delete and no tune before this. Maybe with a failing turbo it wasn't spooling enough but with a new turbo it's spooling more and causing problems? On the flip side to that. It will do it if I start it up and let it idle without spooling the turbo.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Sorry, quicky post was not meant to seem like an attack on your experience. There certainly are folks who have removed EGRs and just lived with a cel. I was just suggesting there may be a divergence in issues. Regardless, he should run through the limp mode tests and see where he gets. My humblest apologies.

·
Super Moderator
9,464 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Its nice to see you made an intro on your own. ;)

This is a new forum layout which is owned by a company last year that doesn't give a dam with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or original similes. It doesn't show the car spec/location.

Add your car specs to your signature that will show on every post you make.

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a poll which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th December, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum.

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry, quicky post was not meant to seem like an attack on your experience. There certainly are folks who have removed EGRs and just lived with a cel. I was just suggesting there may be a divergence in issues. Regardless, he should run through the limp mode tests and see where he gets. My humblest apologies.
Oh no worries I wasn't offended. I'm far from new to diesels but I am new to these small diesels. So I'll take any advice I can get. I think I may just pony up and get the standalone egr delete tune from malone.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome to the forum.

Its nice to see you made an intro on your own. ;)

This is a new forum layout which is owned by a company last year that doesn't give a dam with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or original similes. It doesn't show the car spec/location.

Add your car specs to your signature that will show on every post you make.

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a poll which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th December, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum.

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.
I have the OBD eleven and the only thing other than the egr codes was the P2564 code.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
VCDS is special, it does much more than read codes, it allows you run diagnostics and pulls codes off modules your OBD device doesn't.

Part of the limp mode wiki process is running a couple VCDS test which check the VNT and measures boost pressure. If you dont have it, try to find someone nearby who does. if you plan to keep the car and not spend a fortune at the stealer, you may want to consider getting one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts