VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughters car is a 2006 Jetta 2.5 . Recently she removed the key from the ignition but the car acts as if the key is still in. The radio does not automatically shut off and the remote door locks do not operate. You have to also manualy lock the doors.

It sounds like an ignition cylider problem ?

Also for the past 1 1/2 years the check engine light has been on. A friend of mine scanned it and it gave him a code for the radiator fans. I normally have him clear the code , drive it for a 100 miles and then have it inspected. I repeat the process but now with the ignition problem I would like to take care of this problem. From what I read the fans have to be replaced because the circuitry is in the fan. I checked with VW and the parts are very expensive. I could get after market parts but with this specific problem I want to make sure they are a match. The fans do run and the temp is fine . No overheating problems. If it wasnt for the check engine light you woulnt know there was a problem. Any help would be appriciated

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does it constantly. The car does shut off when turned off but when the key is removed the door chime still sounds when the door is opened , the radio continues to play and the doors have to be locked manually from the outside ( as if the key is still in the ignition)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts