VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Jetta that has a problem with the Driver's side door latch. Replaced the door latch twice but the door latch still will not respond to the key fob. Everything else seems to work just fine. All windows operate correctly and all the other doors respond to the key fob correctly and the alarm system is functioning. The drivers door can only be locked...outside with the key. Need some help on this one. Also, can anybody explain the reason for two fuse boxes the Jetta. Some schematics show duplications of the fuse box location and the type of fuse to use. Why the duplication?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Possibly a programming issue? I now have 2 2006 jetta tdi and I have the Ross Tech VCDS , so following this thread for future reference.

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
I assume you checked the door wiring? There is a wiki on it, they are prone to cracking where they come through the pillar to the door.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I assume you checked the door wiring? There is a wiki on it, they are prone to cracking where they come through the pillar to the door.
I checked and changed out the driver's side door harness in 2018. Time permitting I'm going to check for current drains between the door lock and associated linkage between other areas receiving power. It's probably something relatively simple...I hope.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts