VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2006 Jetta has the dreaded camshaft lobe wear. The vehicle has 92000 miles on it. Any suggestions on the best camshaft replacement kit? And what specialty tools are needed?

·
Registered
28 Posts
There is a lot of the BRM cam's going south as VW really screwed it up or was it the maker of the cam, any way you look at it. Sooner or later they will need replacement. If buying a used BRM TDI, if the cam has not been relaced with an updated one do not buy is my 2 cents worth or 1. My 2006 Jetta BRM TDI is getting a new cam and lifters as the cam was starting to cause problems and before it destroyed the engine it is being replaced with an updated cam. VW does not have one as yet as I understand.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My 2006 Jetta BRM TDI is getting a new cam and lifters......... it is being replaced with an updated cam.
Updated cam? Please be more specific. Did VW change the cam or is this after market?

Brand/Make of cam
model number
where you bought it

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi

Same problem, same question. Currently have an issue with the cam on our 2006 BRM Jetta at 186,000 km (116,250 miles). I am looking at kits at IDparts, which seems cheaper than others with similar parts and am wondering if the cam is just the "other timing belt" on this engine. In short, I would like to do this just once if possible..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts