VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, new here, have a 2005 Passat TDI emissions workshop! illuminated. Took to dealer to have code they said all readings were normal although sooty/black exhaust, would have to take apart to search for problem, maybe egr valve or ??. Emissions workshop light was off for few days then came back, then went off again. Loss of power at highway speeds up gradual sloping grades, at times could have pedal floored and no acceleration. Other times when step on accelerator at 60mph rpm jump up, seems to downshift to 4th gear still no acceleration just barely maintaining to loosing speed. Make noise due to lower gear no real vibration or jerky feeling.
Replaced EGR valve which was carboned up, had battery disconnected warning light was off, drove at highway speed for 17miles jerky feeling when floored accelerator still seemed like lack of turbo power, emissions workshop light came back on some lack of power would proceed if did not push accelerator pedal to floor. Not as smokey as before.
Codes P0299 turbo charger underboost, and 2 codes P0101 Mass air flow sensor circuit A.
Was reading FAQ and in order to read more after mass air flow sensor page had to have a post, so here is my challenge at the moment. Do not want to really just keep buying rather expensive parts hoping one will finally do the trick, like to see what some of you have to say. Thinking of replacing fuel filter also it is due.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,739 Posts
Welcome to the forum. welcometomyturbodies

Limp mode: What is it, what are the causes, and how to fix it for the Audi and VW TDI diesel turbo

VAG Error Code: 16683
EOBD II Error Code: P0299

Fault Location:
Turbocharger (TC)/Supercharger (SC) - Low Boost, Control Range not Reached

Possible Cause:
Reduced Power Output.
Limp Mode.

Hoses/Pipes incorrectly connected, disconnected or leaking.
Charger Pressure Control defective.
Turbocharger (TC) faulty.
Diverter Valve faulty.
Mechanical fault.

Possible Solutions:
Check Hoses/Pipes to/between Components.
Check / Clean / Replace Charge Pressure Control.
Check Turbocharger (TC).
Check Diverter Valve.

Special Notes:
When found in 2.0l TFSI:
Check Boost Pressure Control Valve (N249), for cracked rubber diaphragm. A new/optimized Valve is available under Part # 06H-145-710-D (or newer).
RoW (Rest of World) vehicles see: TPI 2016331 for details.
NAR (North American Region) vehicles see: TSB 01-07-70 or 2013392 for details.
If the Turbocharger is faulty due to mechanical / internal problems or the exhaust system is restricted (typically the Catalyst) this fault may be the end result.

VAG Error Code: 16485
EOBD II Error Code: P0101

Fault Location:
Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor (G70)/Volume Air Flow (VAF) Sensor, Bank 1 - Range/Performance Problem

Possible Cause:
Intake leak/blockage.
Mass air flow (MAF) sensor (G70).
Volume air flow (VAF) sensor.
Engine control module (ECM).

As taken from my http://www.myturbodiesel.com/forum/f9/free-eobd-ii-error-codes-software-2919/

·
Registered
30 Posts
You can check how actuator on turbo works. There can be a problem with membrane. First just try move rod it should move freely, it's meant that your tourbo geometry is ok. Then you need to check membrane, try to make vacuum with your loungs using some tube connected to this actuator. Hope my English understandable. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same problem

Were you able to fix the problem? I just purchased a used passat and I am having the exact same symptoms. I would love to try whatever you tried to resolve my issue. Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same problem

Were you able to fix the problem? I just purchased a used passat and I am having the exact same symptoms. I would love to try whatever you tried to resolve my issue. Thanks!
Same issues here anyone have a fix yet? I replaced the turbocharger boost sensor (85.00) because when scanned parts guy said that would be the first and easiest possible fix.. well I don’t wanna keep buying parts... runs decent but no turbo boost.. car will run highway speeds but takes a min to get there. Gotta be an easy fix.. was told it could be the wastegate actuator is bad??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts